How to Check Steam Gift Card Balance
Steam gift cards are used to purchase games, software, hardware, and other items sold by Steam. They occur both as digital cards and physical cards, and you can get them in stores across the world. It comes in different denominations; digital cards range from $5 to $100, while the physical range from $20 to $100.
When you make purchases from Steam using the Steam gift card, there may be a balance left on the gift card. The card has no expiry date, the balance on the gift card stays the same if left unused.
The steam gift card is used to add funds to the steam wallet. When you purchase a digital or physical gift card, you redeem it by adding the gift card’s value to your Steam Wallet.
How to Redeem your Steam Gift Card
Step 1: Visit the Steam Website or open the Steam application.
Step 2: Click on your profile name at the top right-hand corner.
Step 3: Click on “View My Wallet”
Step 4: Click on “Redeem a Steam Gift Card or Wallet Code”
Step 5: Input your gift card code in the space provided.
Step 6: Click on Continue
Some of the reasons why you need to know how to check the gift card balance include
– If you are buying from a third party, you need to be sure it is unused by checking the balance.
– If you want to resell the gift card, you need to know how much is on it.
– If you want to make purchases using an already used gift card, you need to know how much is on it.
– When you donate the gift card to charity, you need to know how much is on it.
There are some ways to check your steam gift card balance; however, we will focus on the most common method.
Checking your Steam Wallet Balance on Steam
Step 1: Log in to your Steam account by visiting the Steam website on your mobile devices.
Step 2: Your wallet balance will be listed below your profile name at the top right corner. It is indicated below your profile name.
The most common means of checking your gift card balance is through Steam
– Follow the procedure of redeeming a steam gift card.
– If the card is unused, it will proceed to check out. If it is used, the “already redeemed” message will pop on your screen.
Another means of checking your gift card balance is by using DoNotPay.
Step 1: Visit DoNotPay
Step 2: Sign up with them using your email address or your phone number.
Step 3: Click on Check Gift Card Balance
Step 4: Upload the screenshot/pictures of your gift card (front and back) confirm the email address.
How to set up a Steam account
Step 1: Download the Steam application from the Windows Store or the Apple Store.
Step 2: In the application, click on create a new account and follow the instructions. Alternatively, visit https://store.steampowered.com/login/, click on “Join Steam” and follow the instructions.
What to do if there is a balance on the gift card
- You can request a cashback. The right to get your cashback is granted by law in some states in the United States. However, it does not exceed $10.
- You can sell the gift card to third-party stores that deal in trading gift cards.
- You can use it to purchase items such as games, applications, add-ons, etc. on Steam.
- You can donate it to charity.
Can I Sell my Steam Wallet Balance?
How can I convert my steam wallet balance to real cash?
First, you should note that converting your steam wallet balance to cash is carried out by third-party websites not sanctioned by Steam. You can convert your steam wallet balance to cash by facilitating the trade of items with other individuals in the Steam online community.
You can also convert the balance to cash by buying CSGO skins. These skins can be sold on third-party websites for money.
Steam makes it hard to convert your wallet balance to cash to avoid money launderers using the platform for their activities. However, in the United States, there are cashback laws in place in some states. The cashback laws do not allow the customers to receive more than $10 cashback.