Gift cards have revolutionized the art of gifting worldwide and Nigerians are not left out of this equation. If you are confused about how to redeem a gift card in Nigeria, this article is tailored for you,
About Gift cards
Before we move forward let us explain what a gift card is. Gift cards are a type of debit card loaded with specific amounts one can use to pay for services or items from stores or online. They were designed specifically for the sake of gift-giving. Some are physical plastic cards while the others are digital (they exist only online).
What Are The Different Ways To Redeem a Gift Card In Nigeria?
There are three major ways to redeem your gift cards in Nigeria.
- Through the card issuer’s physical store.
- Online Redemption.
- Trade for cash
How To Redeem Your Gift card At A Physical Store In Nigeria?
For this to be possible the card issuer has to have a physical store in Nigeria. For example, Nike has physical stores in Nigeria and issues Gift cards. It means if you have a Nike gift card you can go to one of the Nike shops in Lagos and shop for goods using your Nike gift card as a payment method instead of the contemporary payment method. The cashier will assist you in case you do not already know the proper channel to use.
Redeem your gift card online
You can redeem your card online. All you have to do is go to the issuer’s website or mobile app and go through the appropriate channel of redeeming your gift card. The process is different depending on the issuer’s website. A few stores with an app that enable online usage of gift cards include Spar, Shoprite, Google Play Store, iTunes, etc.
How to redeem your iTunes gift card on Apple devices
- Find the 16-digit code on the back of the card. For some gift cards, you might need to peel or gently scratch off the label to see the code.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store app.
- At the top of the screen, select the sign-in button or your photo.
- Select Redeem Gift Card or Code. Sign in with your Apple ID if you don’t see Redeem Gift Card or Code.
- Select Use Camera and follow the instructions on the screen. If you have trouble redeeming the card, select “You can also enter your code manually,” then follow the instructions on the screen.
- select Done.
Trade Your Gift Card For Cash
You can also trade your gift card for cash in Nigeria. Thanks to the emergence of various gift card trading platforms, you can now convert your gift card to cash on these platforms, you simply send your gift card to them and the Naira value will be sent to you using a predetermined exchange rate as the conversion rate.
It is relatively easy to trade your gift card for cash in Nigeria, the tricky part, however, is getting a trusted platform to trade your gift card.
You can trust Cardvest with your gift cards, we have been in business since 2016 and have been trusted by many over the years thanks to our;
- Favourable exchange rate
- Fast transaction period
- A wide array of supported gift cards
- Easy to navigate platform
- Reliable customer support system, among many others.
How to redeem your gift card for cash on Cardvest
- Go to our website or download our mobile app on the Google Play Store or the App Store depending on your device.
- Create an account with your email and credentials if you don’t have an account. Sign in with your credentials if you are an existing user.
- On your account dashboard, upload your bank details in the withdrawal section to complete your account set-up.
- Navigate to the trade gift section and choose the type of gift card you want to redeem. The rate calculator will provide the Naira value for you so you will know the amount you will receive from the conversion before going on with the trade.
- On the next page, provide the gift card details accompanied by a picture of the gift card and click on trade now.
- The authenticity of the gift card will be verified and you will receive payment in your bank account or your Cardvest wallet within minutes depending on your choice.