When you want to get into a college or university in Nigeria, you must write UTME. UTME stands for Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination. This exam is a key step in getting admission into universities, polytechnics, and colleges across the country. It is like a gateway that opens up opportunities for higher education.
JAMB conducts this exam. JAMB is an acronym for Joint Admission Matriculation Board. An ePIN is a special code called Electronic Personal Identification Number. If you want to take the UTME, you need to get a JAMB ePIN. You must buy it before you register for the exam. Without this ePIN, you can’t sign up for UTME exams.
You have various options for buying JAMB ePIN:
- NIPOST and banks: You can get it from NIPOST or banks like FCMB, Fidelity, JAIZ, Polaris, Access, Ecobank, First Bank, Sterling, Union, Zenith, and Unity.
- Mobile Money Operators: Platforms like Paga and e-Tranzact (PocketMoni).
- Online payment platforms: Quickteller and Remita.
- Bank ATMs: If you’re near banks like the ones mentioned earlier.
- Mobile banking USSD.
- Nigerian Embassies: You can even find it at Nigeria Embassies in places like Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Buea, Cotonou, Jeddah, Johannesburg, and London.
How Much is JAMB Registration?
According to JAMB’s official announcement, the registration costs N3,500, which is three thousand five hundred naira only. It is important to note that JAMB holds the sole authority, as recognized by the law, to determine the price of registering for UTME.
Buying JAMB ePIN via Remita
You can buy JAMB e-PIN through Remita, which is one of the top agents for this. If you go with Remita, you won’t have to pay any extra fee on top of the regular cost. Here’s how to get your JAMB PIN using Remita:
- Go to https://www.remita.net/jamb
- Send a text with the word ‘NIN’ and then put a space, followed by your 11-digit NIN number, to 55019 or 66019 by SMS. For example: NIN 00123456789. Remember, there must be a space between ‘NIN’ and your 11-digit NIN number.
- You’ll get a 10-character Profile-code sent to the same phone number. This code is important for getting your ePIN.
- To buy your ePIN, click here. Choose either JAMB DE or JAMB UTME.
- Put in your profile/confirmation code.
- Enter the phone number you used to get the confirmation code.
- Fill in other needed information and choose how you want to pay.
- Click ‘Submit’.
Buying JAMB ePIN via Quickteller
Buying your JAMB e-PIN through Quickteller is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Visit https://interswitchgroup.com/jambepin/
- Click on the option that says “Get ePin on Quickteller.”
- The website will guide you through the steps.
- Choose how you want to pay. There are different methods available.
- Once you’ve selected your payment method, go ahead and complete the transaction.
Buying JAMB ePIN via ATM
To get your JAMB PIN through an ATM, follow these steps:
- Put your card into the ATM.
- Enter your ATM pin.
- Choose “Bill Payment” and then pick “JAMB.”
- Put in your profile code and continue to make the payment.
- Your JAMB PIN will be sent to your phone number. This service is offered at all the ATM outlets of the Participating Banks; FCMB, Fidelity, JAIZ, Polaris, Access, Ecobank, First Bank, Sterling, Union, Zenith, and Unity.
How to Recover Lost JAMB ePIN
If you can’t remember or have misplaced your JAMB ePIN, don’t worry. You can get it back by sending a text message like this: [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] to 55019 or 66019. Make sure to use the same number that you used when buying the ePIN.
UTMEPIN is for UTME Candidates while the DEPIN is for Direct entry candidates.