How to Recharge Prepaid Meter from Bank Account; Prepaid meters let people pay for electricity upfront, which is different from the usual postpaid meters where you get billed for electricity you used at the end of the month.
Prepaid meters offer a number of advantages to consumers, they include:
- Budget Control: With prepaid meters, people can manage their electricity expenses effectively.
- Usage Awareness: They encourage consumers to be mindful of their electricity consumption since they’ve already paid in advance.
- Disconnection Risk: Prepaid meters reduce the risk of disconnection because consumers are less likely to miss payments when they’ve prepaid for their electricity.
To use a prepaid meter, consumers simply need to buy a credit token. The credit token would then be entered into the meter to activate the electricity supply. Once the credit token has been used up, the electricity supply will be disconnected.
Prepaid meters can be recharged in several ways, including through your bank account. To do this, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Login to your mobile banking application.
- Once logged in, navigate to the “Electricity Bill” feature.
- Select the electricity distribution company to which your prepaid meter is registered.
- Fill in your prepaid meter number and specify the amount you wish to buy.
- Enter your PIN and confirm the transaction.
- After confirming, you will receive the recharge PIN on your mobile number within a few seconds.
If you have issues with your mobile banking app, you can use Cardvest to recharge your prepaid meter.
- Download Cardvest mobile app: Cardvest mobile app is available for download on Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Once you have downloaded the app, open it and create an account if you are a new user. If you already have an account, simply log in.
- Login to your dashboard: The “More” icon is located at the bottom right corner of the dashboard. Tap on the “More” icon to view a list of additional options.
- Select the “Electricity” option: This will take you to a page where you can recharge your prepaid meter.
- Choose electricity provider: Cardvest supports all electricity providers in Nigeria. Choose your electricity provider from the list; enter your mobile number and meter number correctly.
- Select the type of meter: Select the type of meter you have from the available options.
- Enter the amount you want to buy: Enter the amount of electricity you want to buy and click the “Buy Electricity” button to proceed.
- Confirm payment: Once you have confirmed the payment, the specified amount will be deducted from your Cardvest wallet. Your prepaid meter will be recharged with the electricity you have purchased.
Recharge Prepaid Meter Using BuyPower.ng
Recharging your prepaid meter through BuyPower.ng is one of the quickest methods available, and it covers consumers across all 36 states. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start by visiting BuyPower.ng
- Fill in your phone number to initiate the process.
- You will be presented with a form; provide your full name, state of residence, email address, meter number, and the desired amount of electricity you want to buy.
- Choose your preferred online payment method and input the necessary details, including the bank name, credit card type, card number, and CVV number.
- Enter the one-time password (OTP) sent to your phone by your bank to verify and confirm the payment.
- Once confirmed, you will receive the recharge details on the phone number you submitted earlier.
If you are considering switching to a prepaid meter, you should contact your electricity provider to inquire about the process and the different types of prepaid meters that are available.