How to Redeem Xbox Gift Card
Xbox is one of the most popular gaming brands in the world. Since the creation of Xbox in 2001 by Microsoft, they have developed a community of over 150 million users worldwide. Their product and services include game consoles, controllers, headsets, and an online streaming platform.
The Xbox gift card is a cash alternative that is used to purchase items Xbox products and other items on the Microsoft store. They are in use for the purchase of digital entertainment content from Microsoft and Xbox. Gaming elements such as add-ons, XPs, and hardware; can be gotten using the Xbox gift card. Xbox gift cards occur in physical and digital forms; they can be gotten in online or brick-and-mortar stores. Using the Xbox gift card gives a new experience especially for gamers; it allows for easy transactions to occur.
Before you can effectively use an Xbox gift card, you need to redeem the card on the Xbox website or the Microsoft Store. We will discuss the numerous ways of redeeming an Xbox gift card in this article. However, let us check out some of the peculiarities of the Xbox gift card.
- The card has a 25-character code which is made of 5×5 characters.
- The digital Xbox gift card ranges from $1 to $100 (in the US)
- There is a EUR and GBP version of the Xbox gift card apart from the USD
- When unused, the gift card does not expire.
How to Redeem an Xbox Gift Card
Note that an Xbox gift card can be redeemed only on platforms that allow Xbox. Devices like the iPhone do not support the Xbox mobile application; however, the gift card can be redeemed by visiting the Xbox website.
1. Xbox Series X/S or Xbox One
– Sign in to your Xbox console with the Microsoft account you want to redeem the code with.
– Visit the Home screen, use your controller to select Store.
– In the Store, press the View button on your controller to open the menu.
– Click on Redeem in the menu.
– Enter the 25-character code and follow the prompt that comes up.
2. Web Browser
You can redeem your Xbox gift card on any web browser; follow the steps below.
– Visit redeem.microsoft.com on a web browser.
– Sign in to your Microsoft account.
– Enter the 25-character code and follow the prompt that comes up.
3. Windows 10
PCs with Windows 10 have Microsoft Store as an application. You can redeem your gift card in the Microsoft Store on Windows 10.
– Sign in to your computer with the Microsoft account you want to redeem the code with.
– From the Start menu, open Microsoft Store.
– In the Microsoft Store, click on More.
– Click on Redeem a Code and input the 25-character code. Follow the prompt that comes up.
4. Android or Windows Mobile Device
– Open the Xbox application on your phone.
– Sign in with the Microsoft account you want to redeem the code with.
– Click on the Menu button in the upper left corner
– Select Microsoft Store from the dropdown list.
– Click on Redeem a code
– Enter the 25-character code and follow the prompts that come up.
5. iOS Mobile Device (iPhones and iPads)
– Visit your mobile browser application
– Go to redeem.microsoft.com
– Sign in to your Microsoft account
– Enter the 25-character code in the space provided, follow the prompt that pops up.
6. Xbox Console Companion App on Windows 10
– Open the Xbox Console Companion application on your PC.
– Sign in with the Microsoft account you want to redeem the code with.
– On the left navigation bar, click on Microsoft Store.
– Click on Redeem a Code
– Enter the 25-character code and follow the prompt that comes on your screen.
7. Xbox 360
– Sign in with the Microsoft account you want to redeem the code with on your Xbox 360.
– Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller.
– Select Games and Apps, choose “Redeem a Code”.
– Enter the 25-character code and follow the instruction that comes up.
Click here to get the best rate trading with cardvest
Best Gift cards for gamers
Best gift cards for gamers are those gift cards that are beneficial for purchasing game consoles, accessories, and hardware. Gift cards are quite variant in several ways. Some are best for purchasing cosmetics and fashion wears, others for regular groceries and household equipment. Some are general-purpose gift cards, and then we have gift cards for games and game accessories.
A crucial function that gift cards perform is to aid easy gift-giving. It makes it easy to narrow down your gift options and get customization for special occasions and people without having to pick a gift in particular. It allows the recipient to partake in the decision-making of the perfect gift for them.
If for instance, I have a friend who likes to play games. I probably might not know what game my friend would prefer. The entire gifting surprise will most likely blow up in my face when I find out that I got GTA instead of DIE HARD. To avoid this conflict of decision, sending a gamer’s gift card might be your best shot. It allows the recipient to make their choice and still does not neglect the thoughtfulness behind the gift given.
Types of gift cards for gamers
A few popular gift cards for gamers are Xbox, Steam, Apple Store, iTunes, and others like Nintendo, Sony, Google play, and the rest. For this article, we would discuss a few of them and their uses in seriatim.
- Xbox gift cards
Xbox is one of the largest video gaming brands in the world. It comprises Five gaming consoles, game applications, and an online video game streaming service known as the Xbox network. The Xbox network is an online digital game distribution service formed and operated by Microsoft. The network was formally known as Xbox live and was first made available to the Xbox gaming market on November 15, 2002. However, Xbox as a gaming brand was officially launched in November 2001 and has grown over the years to be what it is today.
The brand also has a game studio where they develop games called the Xbox game studio. Technically, Xbox deals and handles several gaming services and happens to be one of the guys at the top of the gaming gang. So, an Xbox gift card is about the most thoughtful gift that you can give your friends or loved ones who enjoy playing games.
With an Xbox gift card, you can totally purchase anything from the Microsoft store and even get cash or trade discounts on large purchases. Aside from getting a game console, you can also get admirable computer hardware on the Xbox store to set up and improve your gaming experience. Hardware products like keyboards, headsets, gaming mouse, and other accessories are items you can explore with an Xbox gift card.
So, if I were asked about what gift card is the best or one of the best for gamers, I sure will point my finger straight to Xbox. They offer both physical plastic cards and digital gift cards. The digital card is fit to save you the delivery fee and time, should you be sending it to a friend that is nowhere close to where you are. The digital Xbox gift card does pretty much all the regular plastic gift card does. It is just sent to your email instead of getting it traditionally.
2. Steam gift cards
Similar to Xbox, Steam is an online digital-based video gaming service. They provide video streaming, game software, software update, cloud storage, online gaming, and installation services to customers. Their software is written to suit over 20 world languages with the inclusion of English, Russian, Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese.
Steam gift cards are a perfect fit for your gaming needs from wherever and whenever. Various operating systems support installation and use of Steam software for both PCs and mobile phones. macOS, Windows, and Linux are popular operating systems that support Steam services for PC, with iOS and Android on mobile phones.
Steam gift cards offer soft funds and item gifting to friends on the Steam network. You can directly buy your friend a game with the gift card and have it delivered to them or send funds with your card to their Steam account to contribute to their transaction.
3. Apple Store gift cards
Asides from buying accessories, paying for Apple music, fitness, books, iCloud, and TV+, Apple gift cards can as well make payment for phone and PC games. Apple gift card is not essentially a gamer’s gift card, but it can also be used to purchase game software if you send it to a gaming friend.
Apple gift cards are available both digitally and physically. You can get them on Apple store, apple.com. Apple Music, Apple Books, Apple TV, and iTunes. Card beneficiaries can check their card balance at any time.
Gamers looking out to get a nice game console, software, and the best gift cards to get them should try checking out some of the above listed. Card bearers can also redeem these cards by selling them to local exchangers. They can convert them to liquid cash, should they have a need for funds where these gift cards are not acceptable. CardVest offers the best rates to convert gift cards to cash. Click here on step by step process on converting gift card to cash.
One of the vastly popular ways of gift-giving is through gift cards. It gives you the chance to explore a variety of options in choosing your kind of gift. Gift cards serve as the perfect gift, instead of thinking of the perfect color, size, or taste of the person you are gifting. In general, they give your recipient the liberty to choose the exact specification of what they want.
Xbox is a video gaming brand; consisting of about five different video game consoles, streaming services, game applications, and an online gaming space called Xbox Network. The Xbox gaming brand is owned, managed, and controlled by Microsoft. It was first introduced in 2001 in the United States and has grown bigger up till now.
Xbox gift card affords you the freedom to spend easily on your favorite Microsoft products. Movies, video games, accessories, and hardware in the Microsoft store are purchased using the Xbox gift card. Large purchases using Xbox gift cards attract a discount.
In this article, we will explore some of the things you should know about Xbox gift cards.
5 Things to Know About Xbox Gift Cards
1. It is Used to Purchase Microsoft Products
We use Xbox or Microsoft gift cards to purchase whatever item Microsoft sells in their store. These products can be either hardware products like games consoles, headsets, keyboards or controllers, etc. We use it to purchase digital entertainment products such as games, movies, video shows, in-game currencies, etc.
Most customers like to spend their gift cards on Xbox game services such as Xbox Game Pass. Xbox Game Pass grants access to hundreds of games for $10/month; hence, most customers like to use their gift cards for this purpose. You can also use the Xbox gift cards to pre-order Microsoft products and services.
2. Comes in Digital and Physical Cards
You can make a purchase of digital Xbox gift cards via online stores. You can visit physical stores to purchase the prepaid physical card. Whichever option you’re comfortable with, the Xbox gift card meets your preference. If you buy the digital card from an online store, you will receive the code in your email which you add to your Microsoft Store account.
3. Different Cards for Different Regions
Xbox gift cards occur differently for different parts of the world; the gift cards will also carry the currency of the regions. For example, the Xbox gift card for the United Kingdom will come in Pounds while that for Brazil will carry Rials. However, the most popular Xbox gift cards come in USD, and most online stores sell only in USD. Note that the gift cards that occur in different currencies have the same value based on how much in the currency you’re purchasing them.
If you have an Xbox gift card of £25, it cannot be redeemed within the US because the gift cards are region locked.
Xbox gift cards are a little more complex than other gift cards because they exist in different currencies. This makes the process of redeeming the gift card a bit more complicated too. If you have a Euros gift card and you are not in that region, you can redeem the gift card by switching the location of your account, making your purchase, and then switching back to your original location.
Redeeming your Xbox gift card can be done on the Xbox website, Microsoft store, or any other trusted website. However, you should take into account the location of the gift card you are purchasing. You can also redeem your Xbox gift card on Cardvest at the best rates.
5. Expiry Date
Fortunately, Xbox gift cards do not have an expiry date, they remain valid for as long as they are unused. When they have been activated and redeemed on your account, they will be used to offset bills on your account till you use up the amounts on them.
Other things to note about the Xbox gift cards,
– They are also known as Windows Gift Card, they can be redeemed and used to make purchases on the Microsoft Store, Xbox website, and the Xbox console.
– You can access all of Xbox products and services with the gift card, all their high-end gaming hardware can be gotten using the Xbox gift card.
Benefits of Xbox Gift Card
Some of the benefits of the Xbox gift card include,
1. Time-Saving: Xbox gift cards especially digital cards help users save a lot of time on making purchases. Redeeming the codes on the gift cards is known to be a timely process, it helps users who are gamers save time in making purchases from the store.
2. Ease of Use: The gift cards are easy to use, the process is simple. You can visit the Microsoft Store or you can visit the Xbox website. If you redeem the code on your Xbox console, the process of redeeming the code, the process is similar to that of the websites.
3. Great Gift Choice: Xbox gift cards are one of the best gift choices available if you want to gift gamers. The ability to use the gift card for different purposes makes it a great option as a gift.