How to redeem a Spotify gift card
Spotify is one of the World’s most used audio streaming platforms. They offer various media services for free and some paid. Spotify packages range from Spotify premium to premium student, premium Duo, premium family, partner premium, and trial offer.
Spotify gift cards can be used to get only the premium individual plans. This Spotify premium plan gives users access to over 50 million local and foreign songs, ad-free music, unlimited music download, high-quality audio production, and unlimited podcast download. The plan also allows users to stream podcasts, audiobooks, plus even travelling outside the country with your music.
This premium offer is true for all countries, but the price varies from country to country. As of the time of writing this article, over 365 million people actively stream music on Spotify. About 165 million people use the paid Spotify, while the others of over 200 million people use the free version. Spotify currently operates in over 40 countries and is expected to be in over 175 countries by the end of 2021. All these make Spotify your number one option for streaming music, podcast, and audiobooks online.
On the other hand, gift cards are money cards issued by stores, banks, eCommerce platforms, and financial services to their customers. Customers can use them to make payments for products and services offered by the issuer and also gift them out to friends and loved ones. The Extent to which a gift card is acceptable is dependent on the authorization given by the issuer. In the case of Spotify gift cards, holders can use them to get individual Spotify premium plans and also give them out to a friend.
Types of Spotify gift card
Spotify offers both physical gift cards and eGift cards. They are both stored value cards, and users can redeem them on spotify.com. They are issued in various denomination and time range. Gift cards and eGift cards are denominated in currency value like $20, $50, $100, and so on.
Spotify also issues premium subscription cards that are denominated in months of service like 6-months, 12-months, etc. Premium Subscription cards differ from gift cards in the way they are denominated. eGift cards are also distinguished from gift cards in that they are not physically purchased, used, or giftable.
Redeem your Spotify gift card
Users can only redeem Spotify gift cards on spotify.com (not the app). Redeeming your Spotify gift card is the same for all countries, but your region or country’s account settings must match where the card was purchased. Gift card users should note that to redeem a gift card the Spotify account currency must tally with that on the Gift card. The following are steps to redeeming a Spotify gift card:
- Visit spotify.com and log in to spotify.com/redeem
- If you do not have an account yet, you might have to create your Spotify account
- Scratch off the layer on the PIN on the back of the card
- Enter the PIN or code from your receipt to the column provided
- Hit the Redeem button
In those five easy steps, you can redeem your gift card on spotify.com. However, redeeming an eGift card is slightly different from that of the digital gift card stated above. Below are the steps to redeem a Spotify eGift card:
- Visit spotify.com/redeem
- Log in or create your Spotify account if you do not have one already
- Enter the card number and other details
- Click enter code to transfer the total money value of your eGift card to your Spotify account
Spotify gift card users can only redeem up to 18 months of premium subscription on their account at once. Only already activated gift cards can be redeemed on spotify.com. If you purchased your card from a store and it is yet to be activated, you might have to go back to the store and ask them to activate it for you. If your card does not work after 24 hours of activation or you are finding it hard to read the code, you can contact Spotify support to lodge any complaint.
Features of Spotify gift card
- Not refundable: There is a no refund policy on the purchase of a Spotify gift card. Once customers purchase them, they can no longer be returned for cash after issuance and activation.
- Irredeemable on other platforms: Users can only Spotify gift cards on their official website at www.spotify.com as card redemption is impossible on the Spotify app or other platforms.
- Irreplaceable: Spotify gift cards are irreplaceable in the event of theft, misplacement, or when used without the owner’s authorization. You are left to the security of your card immediately after you purchase the card. So, users should be very careful of how they keep and use their gift cards.
- Gift cards can not be used to purchase other gift cards, subscription cards, or eGift cards. It is strictly to pay for the premium subscription on spotify.com