Buy Crypto in New Zealand; Buying cryptocurrency in New Zealand is a straightforward process. You do not need any special skills; all you need is internet access, through a mobile phone or a computer, and you’re all set to go. Whether you’re new to this or not, you can easily jump into the world of digital currencies without having to go through any complex processes.
Many people see cryptocurrencies as valuable assets and choose to invest in them. In New Zealand, there are various ways to buy cryptocurrency.
A Bitcoin ATM is a specialized machine that allows people buy or sell Bitcoin using cash or other forms of payment. Similar to traditional ATMs, Bitcoin ATMs provide a convenient way for people to engage with the cryptocurrency market. These machines allow users exchange their New Zealand dollars for Bitcoin and vice versa, offering an entry point for those interested in cryptocurrencies.
How to Buy Bitcoin in New Zealand with Bitcoin ATM
Here are the steps to follow if you want to buy Bitcoin in New Zealand using a Bitcoin ATM:
- Find a Bitcoin ATM near you using online directories.
- Make sure you have a Bitcoin wallet ready on your smartphone.
- On the Bitcoin ATM screen, choose the option to ‘Buy Bitcoin’.
- Enter the amount of New Zealand dollars you want to spend on Bitcoin.
- If you have a smartphone wallet, scan the QR code displayed on the Bitcoin ATM screen.
- If you’re using cash, insert the money into the Bitcoin ATM.
- Review the transaction details on the screen and confirm the purchase.
- After confirming, Bitcoin will be sent to your wallet. If you used a smartphone, the ATM will provide a paper receipt with a QR code for the transaction.
- Open your Bitcoin wallet to verify that you’ve received the purchased Bitcoin.
Bitcoin ATM Location in New Zealand
Bitcoin ATMs can be found in New Zealand, with one notable location being in Auckland. The presence of a Bitcoin ATM in Auckland offers locals and visitors an opportunity to engage with the world of cryptocurrencies.
Buying cryptocurrencies through crypto exchanges in New Zealand is a common practice for people looking to invest in the digital currency market. These exchanges provide online platforms where users can buy, sell, and trade various cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin and Ethereum, among others.
People can create accounts, deposit funds, and navigate through a range of cryptocurrencies available for trading.
How to Buy Crypto in New Zealand through Crypto Exchange
Here’s a simple guide on how to buy cryptocurrency through exchanges:
- Choose a reputable crypto exchange that operates in New Zealand.
- Sign up for an account on the chosen exchange. Provide the required information and complete the verification process if needed.
- Deposit New Zealand dollars (NZD) into your exchange account. Many exchanges offer various payment options like bank transfers or credit/debit cards.
- Browse through the list of available cryptocurrencies on the exchange. Choose the one you want to buy, such as Bitcoin or Ethereum.
- Decide whether you want to place a market order (buy at the current market price) or a limit order (set your own price). Enter the amount of cryptocurrency you want to buy.
- Before confirming, review your order details. Click the “Buy” button to confirm your purchase. The cryptocurrency will be added to your exchange account.
- For added security, consider transferring the cryptocurrency to a personal wallet outside of the exchange.
Bitcoin Wallets in New Zealand
Here are five common Bitcoin wallets used in New Zealand:
- Coinbase: Coinbase is a popular online wallet that offers a user-friendly interface for buying, selling, and storing Bitcoin. It’s suitable for beginners and provides easy access to the cryptocurrency market.
- Trezor: Trezor is a hardware wallet that provides enhanced security by keeping your private keys offline. It’s a physical device that you connect to your computer when making transactions.
- Exodus: Exodus is a desktop wallet known for its wide range of supported cryptocurrencies. It offers a simple way to manage your Bitcoin and other digital assets.
- Ledger Nano: Similar to Trezor, Ledger Nano is a hardware wallet that offers top-tier security by storing your private keys offline. It provides a high level of protection against potential threats.
- Trust Wallet: Trust Wallet is a widely used mobile wallet that offers a simple way to store, manage, and exchange a variety of cryptocurrencies on your smartphone. Trust Wallet provides users with full control over their private keys, ensuring security and ownership of their digital assets.
- MetaMask: MetaMask is a browser extension wallet designed for use with Ethereum and its ecosystem of decentralized applications. It allows users to access Ethereum-based DApps directly from their web browser, facilitating seamless interaction with blockchain-powered services.
Selling Bitcoin for Naira
People trade Bitcoin for Naira for various reasons. Some want to take advantage of Bitcoin’s price changes or make money from their cryptocurrency investments. With Dart Africa, converting your Bitcoin to Naira is simple and you can quickly get the money in your Naira bank account.
Here’s how to use Dart Africa:
- Download Dart Africa app from your app store.
- Sign up and complete the registration process.
- When you log in for the first time, you’ll create a 4-digit PIN for secure transactions.
- On your dashboard, find the “sell coin” icon.
- Select the type of coin you want to trade and how much in dollars. The rate calculator would display the equivalent in Naira.
- Tap “sell coin now”. Dart Africa will provide a wallet address to send your crypto to.
- Once you send your crypto to the address and it is confirmed, you’ll get credited to your account.