Nike Gift Card: Giving gifts has become less problematic over the years as new ways of gifting develop. One popular way that helps to alleviate or remove the stress that comes with picking out the perfect gift is giving gift cards. A gift card is a stored-value card that serves as a cash alternative to paying for goods and services at places authorized by the issuer. Nike, one of the world’s most iconic sports brands, has its gift cards issued by Nike Retail Services, inc. located in Oregon. Nike Gift Cards are redeemable via online stores or used in person in hundreds of Nike-owned or converse-owned retail locations in the US and Puerto Rico.
The gift cards, which are preloaded with a particular amount of money can be used in the purchase of sportive footwear, accessories, apparel, and equipment. If you are looking for the ultimate gift for a sports fan, an athlete, or even just a park walker, or hiker, get him or her a Nike gift card. Give them the chance to pick out any sports kit (or other Nike products) without having to worry about their size, favorite color, or their taste.
Five things you should know about Nike gift cards
1. Forms of Nike Gift cards: These gift cards can be obtained in two different forms: physical and digital gift cards.
-Physical gift card: As its name implies, physical gift cards can be held and sent to your mailbox after being purchased. They are used in person at Nike or Converse retail stores.
-Digital gift card: The digital gift card is virtual and sent to your email after purchase. It takes less than or about 2 hours. You use it to make purchases on Nike.com, Converse.com, and the Nike App.
Both the digital and physical gift cards are available in different denominations (these are in denominations of $25, $50, $75, $100, and $150).
2. Do not expire: Nike gift cards never expire. They are a perfect gift; they also give the gift card owner ample time to decide what they want to get without the fear of expiry dates.
3. Reloadable: The gift card is easily reloadable. If you want to keep using your Nike gift card after it is low, you can add value to it at any Nike retail store close to you. You could also decide to buy a new card at nike.com/gift-cards if you want an entirely different card.
4. Checking Nike gift card balance: You can check the balance of your gift card online. Easy steps are required:
-Enter the gift card number or the product voucher number. (Both of these numbers are located on the back of your physical gift card, or in the email for your digital gift card).
-Enter the PIN
-After you enter the pin, the card balance is displayed accordingly.
As an alternative, you can speak to a customer care representative to help you to check your balance.
5. Limitations of the Nike Card: There are so many things you can do with your Nike gift card; however, there are some things you cannot do. For example, the gift cards cannot be resold, returned, or canceled i.e. you either use or do not use them. They also cannot be used to purchase other gift cards and may lose their purchasing power to Nike property existing outside of the United States or Puerto Rico.
Benefits of Nike Gift Cards
Gift of Best Fit: if you have loved ones who are sports fans or athletes or just friends that enjoy Nike products, a Nike gift card is an awesome gift for them. It removes the displeasure of doubting your gift for them because they get to make that decision. They can also customize their shoes to fit their style as Nike gift cards are also redeemable at nike.com/nikebyyou.
Easy to Use: Making use of the Nike gift cards is as simple as using a promo code or coupons in a physical or in an online store. The steps to use the gift card while purchasing Nike.com are as follows:
-Tick the box next to “Do you have a gift card, product voucher, or promo code?” in the payment step while checking out.
-Enter the gift card number or product voucher and then enter the PIN
The amount on the gift card will be deducted from the total price of the order. If the gift card applied does not cover the total, any accepted method of payment can be used to make up the difference.
Makes checkout faster: Multiple gift cards can be used on the same order. Because of this, Nike Members have the opportunity to keep multiple credit or gift cards in their profile to aid faster checkout.
No hidden fees: There are no hidden fees associated with the Nike gift cards after they are purchased.
Spotify Gift Cards: Spotify is a Swedish audio streaming platform; they are one of the world’s largest streaming service providers with about 400 million monthly active users. They offer access to over 90 million records and songs licensed by copyright owners. Spotify gift card users gain access to songs and records by paying a subscription to Spotify. Spotify pays royalties to the copyright owners of songs based on the number of streams the artist has. One method of subscribing to Spotify is through the use of the Spotify gift card and eGift card.
Spotify gift cards carry a cash equivalent and are offered to users of the platform. You can get the gift card at selected retail outlets and e-commerce stores across the world. Due to Spotify’s worldwide reach, they offer gift cards in different currencies across the countries in the world.
Unlike other gift cards that can purchase any item sold by the issuer, Spotify gift cards can only get Premium Individual Plans. They cannot get other subscription plans on Spotify.
Uses of Spotify Gift Cards
1. The first use of a Spotify gift card is to pay for a Spotify Premium individual subscription. The subscription allows you to listen to songs and download music ad-free. However, you can make the premium subscription only for up to 18 months using the Spotify gift card.
2. The gift card can be traded for cash. There are platforms where you can exchange gift cards for money, irrespective of the currency it occurs in. Most of these platforms are localized; hence, look out for the gift card trader in your region or country.
3. If you want to gift a music lover, one of the best options for a gift is the Spotify gift card. It is very useful as a gift due to the huge volume of songs and records available on Spotify.
Features of the Spotify Gift Card
1. Physical and Digital Gift Cards: The Spotify gift cards are both physical and digital cards that you redeem on the Spotify platform. The physical cards are sold over the counter at selected retail and in electronic stores.
Spotify also offers eGift cards that you can gift to friends who love music. The physical cards contain a code on the back. The code for the eGift card is sent to your email. The code for the physical and the digital gift cards is redeemed on spotify.com/redeem.
It should be noted that Spotify gift cards and eGift cards are different from Spotify Subscription Cards and eCards. The gift card and eGift Cards are denominated in currency while the Subscription card and eCards are denominated in months of Premium subscription.
2. Expiry Date: According to spotify.com, gift cards do not have an expiry date. However, the cards are single-use cards which means they are used once. You can only get up to 18 months of premium subscription using the gift card.
3. No Balance Check: It is impossible to check the balance in currency on your gift card because they are a single-use card. However, you can verify how much time of premium subscription you have left on the account.
4. Non-Refundable: The Spotify gift cards are non-refundable, they cannot be redeemed for cash. If you redeem the gift card on your Spotify account, you cannot get a refund except if required by law.
5. No Service Charge: The use of the card does not attract any service charge from Spotify. There are no additional charges for the use of the Spotify gift card.
How to Purchase a Spotify Gift Card
The Spotify gift card is sold at different offline and online stores. On Amazon, Spotify sells its gift card under the name of ‘Spotify’. Other vendors who use the title ‘Spotify’ do not have the authorization to sell Spotify gift cards.
There are authorized vendors for Spotify gift cards across the world. The big retail stores and the recognized online stores. Some gift card vendors are also authorized to sell Spotify gift cards.
Benefits of Spotify Gift Card
1. Multi-Currency: Spotify gift cards are available in different currencies of the world. In almost every region where Spotify is available, Spotify gift card exists in that region’s currency. However, gift cards are country-bound and non-transferable between countries. If you buy a gift card in the USA, you cannot transfer it to your friend in Spain. Spotify gift cards bought in euros are usable only in the EU. Spotify is available in 178 countries of the world and counting.
2. Premium Subscription: The gift card gives you access to all the music on the Spotify platform ad-free. With the Spotify gift card, you have access to listen to and download over 90 million songs. You cannot use the card for Student or Family subscription plans.
3. Usable on Any Platform: If you have a Spotify account, you can use the gift card on your Windows, Android, or Apple devices.
Gift card scam: The National hunter fraud prevention service recorded a 34% increase in fraud rate during the lockdown period in the US. The Nigeria inter-bank settlement system also recorded a 173% increase in online fraud. This online space in recent times has a lot of hooks looking for fishes to catch. That is why one has to be careful and up to date with various red flags to look out for when carrying out a trade or transaction online to avoid falling into the hands of scammers. Due to the increase in the usage of gift cards, the scam rate channeled to it has been high although, they can be easily spotted.
Why Gift Cards?
You’ll have thoughts running through your mind about why gift cards can be a target when there are supposedly other ways scammers can carry out their operations. Gift cards are targets because they are difficult or impossible to trace, so it seems one of the best mediums for carrying out their activities without being caught. A credit card scam can be traced easily or a cheque because they are tied to someone while a gift card isn’t, which has made it very difficult to lay claims or trace. Majority of these fraudulent acts are carried out online, while a few of them are offline/physical.
Though scammers can be tricky, you should be able to avoid been scammed by following the following step
1) Third-party platforms claiming to help you check your gift card balance;
Wanting to know your gift card balance after an initial usage through third-party platforms is one reason people get into gift card scams. Gift cards can be purchased physically (at a supermarket or a store or directly from the card issuer) or online. Checking balance, however, takes place mainly on the official website of the card issuer. Listed below are some valuable links to checking your gift card balance.\
Get the play store app
Go to your account
Select gift card and view the balance on any of your accounts.
Note: Some of the websites listed above are location selective (not available in some countries). For more information for other cards, contact our CardVest customer representative on the live chat, and you will be appropriately directed.
2) Check for broken seals;
One way gift card issuers protect their customers is by sealing the personal identification numbers panel to avoid being revealed to third parties. You would want to check the packaging of your gift card well, either when delivered or when purchased physically at a store, to avoid it been tampered with by scammers. Once you notice it tampered with, do well to pick another one.
3) Asking to double your gift card value;
One popular method scammers adopt is presenting double value for your current gift card as a reward for performing a particular task or completing a survey. Majority of those that embrace this medium want to get your gift card codes trickily.
4) Converting gift cards to cash;
Usually, people want to convert unused gift cards to money and in the process, they get to fall into the hands of scammers. Due care has to be taken to ensure that whatever platform you are trading your gift card on is a trusted platform. Different trusted platforms buy and sell gift cards, but CardVest stands out to be unique because we offer the best rate to trade your gift card and also provide fast and swift services.
Unwanted gift cards for cash? According to Gift Card & voucher association and KPMP UK, Gift card sales shoot by almost 50 % during the lockdown. Gift cards have evolved from being a small part of the market to be an industry itself. Gift card demand has continued to be on the rise. However, lack of proper knowledge on the usage and importance of gift cards has resulted to most of them been left dormant while others are placed carelessly, which has been a major challenge. There are two types of gift cards: open-loop and closed-loop cards. Open-loop cards are used as debit or credit cards used at any store or with any merchant where the card is accepted, while a closed-loop card works with a specific merchant or store. Example of gift cards are iTunes, Amazon, Steam Wallet, Google Play, Apple Store, eBay, Walmart, Sephora, OneVanilla, Nordstrom, Target, JCPenny, Blue Buy, Nike, Hotels.com, Macy’s, Gamestop, Xbox, Vanilla, G2G, American Express (AMEX), OffGamers, Foot Locker, Visa, Play station and others. Some of the most valuable cards are iTunes, Walmart, Starbucks, target, etc.
In recent times, gift cards are converted to cash either as a result of not needing what the card can redeem ( when the recipient does not get the exact card they want) or need of urgent cash. In 2015, about $1 billion value in gift card were left unspent. They also expire after five years of inactivity or attract an inactivity fee after a year. So Various platforms perform this conversion. Due to the rise In demand, there has been a rise in fraudulent platforms too. Hence, one must be careful in selecting the platform to perform this trade to avoid being scammed.
CardVest offers the best rate you can get anywhere and processes payments with light speed, putting our customer’s satisfaction is our topmost priority. We have been in existence since 2016, and we’re designed and simplified for beginners and experienced gift card traders. Our amazing positive reviews have given us mentions in reputable newspapers and blog outfits in Nigeria.
The Benefit of converting unwanted gift cards for cash with CardVest
We have our customer’s satisfaction at heart! You get to convert your gift card to cash at juicy rates !! Check rates here (https://cardvest.ng/app/public/rates)
With Cardvest, you don’t have to worry about your funds no matter the size of the transaction. Your funds are safe and secured with us. We can confidently say we are one of the most trusted platforms for converting your gift cards to cash.
Your transaction gets processed within 5minutes. Yes! We treat your transactions that urgent because customer satisfaction is our topmost priority. Once your trade is CONFIRMED, your payment will be processed between 3-5minutes.
When you invite a friend to trade with us with your referral link, you get a #500 referral bonus.
Swift Customer Support;
Our customer representatives are always available to attend to your issues and proffer solutions to any problem you might encounter.
Converting Gift Card to Cash
After creating an account and successfully signing in, select the Gift card you want to sell or buy. For example, suppose you select Walmart in the gift card category. In the sub-category, you have to specify further by choosing between USA Walmart Physical 100, USA Walmart 200-300 and, USA Walmart physical 400-500. Then input the amount in USD, and it’ll be calculated automatically in Naira, then click proceed to trade.
After selecting Gift card to sell, select proceed.
The image below shows where you’ll place your order after providing the necessary information to complete your trade.
CardVest process your withdrawal within 3-5minutes after the trade has been confirmed. It takes less than 5 minutes to process cash to your local bank under normal circumstances. Banks at times have issues that can delay payment. If you don’t get the payment within 24 hours, contact us.
Pros and Cons of Gift cards: It has already been established that gift cards, a form of payment that can be used to make purchases at retail stores, gas stations, restaurants, other locations and online is gradually substituting cash and other payment methods.But this usefulness is not limited to mere substitution. The following are more of its uses:
Pros and Cons of Gift Cards
Gift cards can often be an appropriate present for the holidays or any other special day. Be it to celebrate holidays, birthdays, graduations or promotions.
Gift cards could be preferable if you have no idea what to procure for someone on your gift list, as they let the recipient to use it however whenever they want.
• Financial Control
Because of it seemingly advantages, Gift cards can be used to limit excessive spending as well as bank overdrafts and charges.
Because they can be used both electronically and physically, Gift cards are very easy to use as they provide convenience during transactions.
Pros and Cons of Gift cards
Gift cards can be converted to other currencies such as Dollars or Naira. Trading platforms such as Cardvest offers fast and reliable gift card trading with the best rate in Nigeria.
Gift cards are so flexible that they can be used physically anywhere and even conveniently online.
Just like every other things, Gift cards also have some downsides. Here are some:
Some prepaid gift cards charge a fee when you purchase them. You may also be required to pay a separate fee to reload a gift card if and when you wish to reuse it. But when you fail to use your card, You could be charged for inactivity.
• Funds Expiry
After purchases are made with a gift card, there may be a small amount of money left, which if not used, whether due to forgetfulness or inactivity, ends up as money wasted.
Some Gift cards, especially Closed-loop cards limit usability power as they can only be used at specific places. These types of giftcards when purchased can only be used to make purchases at the retailer issuing the card.
Gift cards expire after few years. But there is a law that prevents gift cards from expiring for up to five years after their activation date. Remember that failing to use a gift card could trigger an inactivity fee.
Some Gift cards just like the issuing retailers are limited to use only in some locations and using them may require some obligations. Obligations of having to actually go directly to these issuing retailing shops to be able to use them.
How to use Gift Cards Wisely
In order to attenuate potential problems, the following are few simple steps that gift card recipients can take:
• Go through the terms and conditions when you receive or buy a gift card so that you understand your rights.
• Register your card immediately. This gives you protection if the card is lost or stolen.
• Make use of the gift card as soon as possible. Unless the card has no hidden fees or expiration date. If it does, make it a priority to use it. Or You can redeem it into your currency of choice. Cardvest Nigeria offers sure gift card exchange.
• Report complications either to the company that issued the card, or to the Federal Trade Commission, whichever is applicable for the circumstance.